Monday 23 December 2013

'Work Hard & Be Humble' Layout - Scrapmatts December Share {Lindy's Stamp Gang/Prima}





Hi everyone!  Phew well I don't know about you but I am EXHAUSTED!!  
Adding Christmas preparations into the mix always finishes me off for the year!!! 
 I have been a lousy blog buddy to many of my online friends in the last couple 
of weeks so I do apologise once again!  I am spending most of my days with a
 headache at the moment as my house is over-run with teenagers & young
 people, home for the holidays with friends in tow!  I am doing my best to
 enjoy the noise & hustle & bustle before it trails off again in 2014 :(


I'm here today to share my December design team work for Scrapmatts, 
which went live on their blog HERE today.  If you would like to know
 any of the chipboard names or codes please refer to the blog post I've
 linked to there, for full details of exactly what I've used & which 
Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powders I've treated the pieces with too.







I used the Prima Optimist Collection 'Whimsy''for my base & 'You & Me' 
for my fussy-cutting.  I used a 6 inch Prima mask on my base, mixing 
Mad Hatter Mint from Lindy's Stamp Gang, with Wendy Vecchi
 Embossing Paste, for a touch of green.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone & I have a Christmas surprise
 planned for you!  A "thank you" from me to you ♥
All will be revealed very soon!!  *winks*




17 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Merry Christmas right back atcha, Helen....hope you get some time release to ENJOY & just BE...without thinking or doing anything.....in fact, I reckon that's what the kids should give you for Christmas - might have to tie you down to achieve it, though, eh???!!!!!!!!!!
You have used that collection AMAZINGLY here....go you!!!!
And bring on 2014, right:):)

Elaine coustley said...

Very glad to see the boys featured in this fantastic layout.Once again you have done the design team proud
& have worked wonders with the chipboard . I've just checked in at Scrapmatts & saw the other project you have done they're both magnificent.x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous!! I loveeeeeee that Prima collection you used and love love love love the frames!! Merry Christmas!!!!

Wilma Voermans said...

Great page, love the contrast with the black and brights! Merry christmas!

Sandi Clarkson said...

I'm amazed at what you can create with a black background! Kudos for that! Enjoy those kiddos. Soon they will all fly the coop and the house becomes so quiet! LOL Wishing you a fabulous Christmas!

Desire Fourie said...

Just stunning and very dramatic with the black base.
Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed Christmas. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

You totally rocked this! I am in awe of your colour and flower usage on this masculine layout. Amazing how using that black and gold allows it all to work. Fabulous Helen! Enjoy the family time! Merry Christmas!:)

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous page Helen...really love this one! Love the chalkboard background and your super details! Love the photo too! Wishing you well with all the hustle and bustle at home, I hope that you have a super and blessed Christmas! xx

Helen Wallace said...

A dramatic masculine page with the black background and the chalk board look...your wise words will stand them in good stead as they fly the coop. Happy Christmas Helen and many thanks for your words of encouragement throughout the year :D

Ava Gavloski said...

lovely work of art. truly rocked the blackboard look!!!

Lynnda said...

I love that Prima collection!... THis layout is so beautiful Helen.... hugs...x

Marjie Kemper said...

I always love when you work with flowers with your sons' photos. This is a very cool spin on that sketch.

Unknown said...

Hi dear friend so sorry, that I not had so many time to visite your blog,I so busy time, I was doing, create a webshop and a extra blog.I adore this beautiful page off your boy's.

hugs carla

sandi said...

What a fun sketch. Love the beautiful page that you created with it! Fabulous!

Bellaidea said...

This is such a cool page! Looks great!

Eila Sandberg said...

Love the hints of green against the black and the glorious fuchsia. It cannot be said too many times how beautiful your children are. So now your term with Scrapmatts is over and I bet you're busy creating with goodies from 2Crafty :)) Mwah!

Linda Eggleton said...

Amazingggg, Helen...so many fine details to admire :)