Sunday 8 June 2014

"Make Good Art" Off-the-Page project for 2Crafty Chipboard {Prima BAP for Inspiration!}






Hi there!  How's your weekend been so far?!
Here it is freezing & I am drinking hot chocolate with my laptop by the heater.
Middle of Winter for us here & really starting to CHILL...


So for my 2nd project of the month for 2Crafty Chipboard I decided to use the
 Prima BAP for inspiration & thought it was high time I created something Off-the-Page.


I love this quote by Neil Gaiman & had it already printed out onto some photo paper so
popped it into an acrylic Ferrero Rocher box I had saved & made an 8" square shadow box.


To protect the edges of the box from cracking, I covered them all with cheesecloth
 & sprayed some areas with mist, rubbed others over with white acrylic paint
 & inked the edges with a Prima {Ingvild Bolme} inkpad.


I cut some Prima Cartographer paper to size {2 in fact - one for the front & one for the back}
& prepped the front one with mists & inking, then glued it in & began creating my design.


I used several 2Crafty swirls as well as part of the Ornate Fence border.
You can see my actual post up at 2Crafty HERE.  It states each piece I
used by name & you can contact 2Crafty for a supplier near you, even if
you are overseas as they have some overseas retailers AND stock some
 online stores that deliver internationally...


I had SO much fun creating this piece & as well as all the
awesome 2Crafty chipboard I used Prima paper, wire, brads, flowers
 & embellishments & or course my favourite Prima Finnabair stamp!

{yup just about everything else!!}

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEEK!!



13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooo gorgeous! i love love love the colors and the balloon!!!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Great colors and I like the woman's face in the flower...cool!

Denise van Deventer said...

So stunning...love this Helen! Love all the chippies and bits! Gorgeous! Gotta laugh at you girl...you say it's getting chilly your end of the world...so how do you think it's been in Joeys with this cold front...Friday was really the BIG freeze...it was icier than icy!!!! He he he

Lizzy Hill said...

Look fabulous....popping colours & lovely texture:):) Yeah. COLD here, too......but I've decided to eat the chocolate without the 'hot' bit in front, LOL!!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

What a clever idea! It looks kind of like a reverse canvas .. which I love. Your chippys look great too! Well … it has been hot here this past week! Hoping you find a cozy fire to scrap by!

Mitralee said...

Lovely job with the chippies and an Off the Page product! Love your treatment of the side of the box! Great job!

Val-Belle said...

Love the colours on this one - nice and cheerful for winter. It is cold here too in Jozi Town. brrrrr.

yyam said...

Oh wow. Amazing textures here. :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love this...sublime. It is freezing in our parts at the mo.

Linda Eggleton said...

Just gorgeous! And I love how you've photographed it with the brushes and ink :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is so gorgeous!! Love the colour and all the textures. Beautifully done as always!! ox

Denise van Deventer said...

Helen, to say that I was thrilled to be the recipient of this little treasure,is an understatement! Thank you so so muc for this lovely gift and the lovely message on the back! It will be treasured! x

Eila Sandberg said...

This is so very cool Helen! it really shows that you had fun creating it :)) It should be nice and warm over here nearing the end of June but nope, it's +10C today which is like 15 degrees colder than normally. So longing for lazy days and some sunshine. Hope things are good with you now after the nasty drama shock a few days ago. Hugs to ya darling!