Wednesday 1 October 2014

"You are the Shape of my Heart" Layout
7 Dots Studio ''Illumination" Collection
{Mixed Media Place Challenge}







Hello everyone!  Happy Hump Day!!  
When I got back from my trip last week I really felt the need 
to be creative so had a couple of nights getting back into the groove.  

Summer Music Challenge

I participated in the challenge of the month over at Mixed Media Place HERE
 I love their challenges & follow their blog, visiting the participants & oohing 
& aahing over the inspiration, but haven't taken part in a long while.  
Time for that to change.


I used the Illumination Collection from 7 Dots Studio for this one.
The patterned papers I used are Connections & Joy, 
along with the 2 background stamps from the same collection.  


The challenge inspires us to take inspiration from a song by Sting, 
called "Shape of my Heart".  I listened to it a few times & found it
quite sad.  I could have created an art journal page about the gambling
 addiction that negatively impacted my childhood but I don't like to wallow:-p


The metaphors in the song used cards as a reference to tactical behaviour,
but I had just returned from leaving 2 of my children at university for 
the next couple of months so wanted to focus on something positive.


I thought about what was NOT the shape of my heart {which is what the
 song was about}, which brought me back to what IS the shape of my heart!


I drew the doodled hearts myself & shaded them
 with gelatos for a casual-looking embellishment.


The challenge is still open for some time so I really encourage you to play along.
The MMP challenges are always really thought-provoking & interesting.

Supplies List for "You are the Shape of my Heart"

Patterned papers - 7 Dots Studio - Illumination Collection
 - Connections & Joy
Stamps - Illumination Collection
Mask - UmWow Studio
Modeling Paste - Maries
Gesso - Liquitex Basics Acrylic Gesso
Modeling Paste - Finnabair Art Basics
Prima Color Burst Sprays - Glistening Waves, Summer Sky & Iris
Alphas, stickers, word stickers - Echo Park
Resist Hearts - Pink Paislee
Doily Lace - Prima
Journaling Pen - Marvy
Pitted bling dots, Metallic thread, gauze, enamel dots - stash




7 comments:

yyam said...

Oh wow. Love the moody, dramatic colours. Beautiful textures as always.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love love love the hearts and that title!!!!!

Val-Belle said...

This is so yummy... I love the 7 dots stuff and if I remember there was some is the stash I won from you... nothing arrived yet but I know the PO strike is still going on... four months from Alberton to Fourways so I guess it could be a while :P I love the purple and aqua with the charcoal. Such dramatic colours and the doodled hearts are stunning. LOVE THIS!

Mitralee said...

Really delish colors! I love how you explained the song and what it meant to you! Super cool page! hugs!

dstandard said...

Beautiful page - love the hearts and you have a beautiful family!

Evelyn Walter said...

Great page again! It´s always a challange to scrap on a dark background for me - but it seems not for you ;o). I like your embellishing here very much.
You are blessed with a beautiful family, very sympathic!

Eila Sandberg said...

LOVE the hearts, really do! You do the dramatic darker hues so well, I totally suck at them. You and 7Dots have something special going on that's for sure :) xoxox