Sunday 7 December 2014

'Always Follow Your Dreams' Layout - 2 Crafty Chipboard
{Prima Cartographer Collection}






Hello everyone!  Here is one of my 2Crafty Creations for December!
You can see my post up at 2Crafty Chipboard HERE for all details
on the chipboard pieces {that can be ordered through ME if you
are in South Africa & would like some!}


As you can see I've used the beautiful 2Crafty butterflies 
which I simply inked up then sponged over lightly with gesso.


I used a TON of Prima Color Bloom Sprays on my background & flowers
& am ever so happy with the results.  Essentially this is a page comprising
the 3 primary colours of red, yellow & blue but the tones are muted down
with a LOT of gesso.  This page ended up VERY heavy LOL!!


Mixed Media really is about getting the balance right between slapping it on
 & sponging it off!!  I love to see where it will take me as no 2 pages are ever the same!!


Something GREAT about chipboard is it's versatility & how you can customize it
 to match your current page, so there is no fear in stockpiling it because you can
 dress it up according to the fashion of the time you get to using it!


I kept my title simple black {using Ranger ink} to help it to POP
 off the background so it could be immediately legible. 


I hope you enjoyed my creation today!
2 photos on a layout is normally too busy for me but 
with these types of holiday photos it makes more sense
 than scrapping 2 very similar photos individually.



11 comments:

dstandard said...

Oh my word Helen! This is just stunning! What amazing work!

Lizzy Hill said...

I love how you have used those color sprays on your page & the butterflies are super cute:):)

Annie Claxton said...

There's a a real fairytale atmosphere in this beautiful page Helen, love it! :o)

Mitralee said...

So very pretty! Love the colors you picked and tucking the gems in various places! Of course the chippy title right in the middle is super pretty! NICE JOB!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the flowers and those butterflies ... and that photo is stunning!!

nancy carroll said...

OH, LOVE this, the pics are awesome and your work really highlights them.

Unknown said...

amazing page again Helen! Will your creativity ever stop surprising? I hope not!

Helen Wallace said...

A gorgeous page for a beautiful city. You can't ever tick Paris off the bucket list though - she will always call you back. lol :D

Val-Belle said...

Oh my fave city in the world. Beautiful photos. Love the colours and the slightly grungy feel of the background. The title is perfect for this layout. Awesome.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow Helen...this is a breathtakingly beautiful page...love the colours and the details.

Linda Eggleton said...

You've scrapped these photos perfectly Helen. Love the colours you've added & the brick stencil work on the background...fabulous work!