Monday 20 April 2015

Reach the Harbour Layout - Prima BAP April 2015








Hello everyone!  I'm back today to share my take on the Prima BAP!!

I've been dying to get this challenge done so that I can get my Prima
Design Team call application blog post done, but I got sick at the
beginning of the month for 10 days then we had plans to go away to
my daughter's graduation in another town for a week so time ran away!!!


I really enjoyed this sketch & found it very versatile & open-ended.
I'm also really happy with how my layout turned out. 


I started with paper from the Coffee Break Collection, along with the Bubble
 mask & some Prima modeling paste.  I was inspired by my daughter's
 mood straight after graduating - she was on Cloud 9 & walking on air - 
which is why I chose the bubbles stencil :)


 I dried it off then used several colours of color-bloom sprays individually
in different areas, then manipulated my paper while it was wet, to get
 the drips & marbling effect which I think looks very nice & interesting.


I used various flowers & a flower vine that I cut into several pieces, 
along with a brad from the Seashore collection & some Prima craft wire.


I used a fine black pen to circle the bubbles.  I've noticed a lot of people 
doing ink work & doodles these days & really love the artsy look it gives!


I used some of the printed chipboard die-cuts from the Seashore Collection,
in a metaphorical way, to show my daughter's journey at university - to
completion - The Harbour!  Meaning that now her university journey is over.  


I added a happy little boat heading off now to 'Treasure Valley'
which signifies a positive future for her now we hope!


I added a touch of greenery to tie in with the photo
 & symbolise the lushness of a productive & fertile future.


A touch of hand-journaling at the end always gives a personal touch!

Thank you for your visit today & all your support on my last couple
of posts!!  I noticed some great figures in my Google Analytics xx




6 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...this is really such a special layout! Firstly...such gorgeous styling, love the colouring and beautiful texture! Secondly...such an amazing achievement...congratulations to Chel! Lastly, such a special photo of daughter and father...All round a fabulous page! ;-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flowers!!!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Helen,
Your layout is gorgeous around the wonderful picture. I really like the colors you have used in your background, the wonderful flowers and, especially, the symbolism in your sentiments and boat - lots of love and thought went into this!

Valia Katzaki said...

One of your most beautiful pages Helen! Congrats on the graduation too!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow Helen! This is fantastic! I love the colous and doodling. I myself do it most of the times.. I think it makes your design just pop out. What a beautiful page! And many congratulations on your daughter's graduation! :)

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

So beautifully done! And congratulations!